tex in smgl for nt (fwd) OT

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:00:46 -0500 (EST)

I had sent an email to a guy who provides a tutorial for NTEmacs. I
noticed he switched tex versions in the latest release and asked
simply "why?" I thought he gave a pretty interesting answer.

One of the things which tick me off lately is that whenever you
install a program in Windows you download an installer of small size
and it then installs the program for you. It leaves you no ability in
many cases to save the actual install software so you can reuse it for
your network of computers. For people with download limits this sucks
and as well for archiving sake its unpractical.

Forwarded
message: > From hoenicka_markus@compuserve.com Mon Nov 12 23:39:55 2001