Possible job for MSU student on open-source project

Felicia Berryman felicia@lon-capa.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:48:01 -0500

Hello,

I'm currently working on support and training for the NSF/ITR LON-CAPA
project at MSU.  I need to hire a MSU student to do some conversion work
from the old CAPA system to the new LON-CAPA system.  The student needs
to have a good understanding on introductory physics (PHY 183/184 at
MSU).  The pay will be somewhere around $9 - $10 an hour.  This is great
opportuntity to learn some basic Perl script and XML (no previous
experience required).  If someone wants to take this job a bit more in
depth and write a CAPA-to-LON-CAPA problem converter, we may be open to
that as well.  An incomplete coverter has already been started.

We are also looking for a post-doc position for programming and/or
educational technology (Perl, apache modules, XML, etc.)  Please feel
free to forward this email to anyone who you think may be interested in
such a position.

If anyone else is curious about the NSF ITR/LON-CAPA project in general,
please check out our website at www.lon-capa.org.  We welcome anyone who
wants to help with the coding effort and interface development.  There
is a slight chance that we may be able to give some travel support for
our January conference in Florida as well.

If you would like more information on LON-CAPA than what is on our
website, please email me at felicia@lon-capa.org.  If there is a large
enough interest in our project, I'm sure I can arrange for myself or one
of the developers to discuss LON-CAPA at one of the GLLUG meetings.

Felicia
--
Felicia Berryman
LON-CAPA Coordinator