spam killing

Paul Donahue donahu16@donahue.tcimet.net
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:24:50 -0500

Thanks.

Ed.. it's for widespread use for other accounts on my server. I have a spam filter by using procmail and a second one on my groupwise server that sits inside of my firewall. I found some decent server-side tools that I'm going to check out. If others are interested I will post my findings.

Paul Donahue
Computer Scientist
Computer/Network Technician
Michigan State University
http://www.pdonahue.com/
ICQ: 1624723   Phone: 517-204-6047

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Paul Donahue wrote:

> Fellow GLUGGERS,
>
> does anyone know of / like / dislike any spam busting scripts / programs / plugins?
>
> I am running a redhat 6.2 box that runs a very-custom kernel along with snort and sendmail.

     There's a rather lengthy article about this at brettglass.com.  It
nicely sums up the problems and some soultions to mitigating spam.  Its a
bit BSD specific (really only in the title) and some of his resources
should send you to some decent tools.

http://www.brettglass.com/spam/paper.html

--
"Is that sound you're hearing the trumpeting of St. Peter's angels
 or the screams of Memnoch's tortured souls?"