CVS caching/offline commits

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:41:31 -0400

Quoted from Bennett, Daniel on Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 09:24:30AM -0400:
> What about putting the CVS repository on a CODA filesystem?

I'm not sure that would work as expected for the CVS part, though
is should function just fine for the rsync part.  Actually it would
work for CVS too, if the laptop were the only machine accessing
it.  The problem is that CVS commits need to happen through CVS
itself so that changes can be tracked and everything is kept
consistent.  If CODA does the integration, I'm not sure what would
happen to the CVS repository.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how stable CODA is, and their
website FAQ is 3 years old...

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org