Evolution (it works! sorta)

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:58:01 -0400

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 08:03:30AM -0400, Edward Glowacki wrote:

  Quoted from Sean on Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:10:25PM -0400:
  > On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Jo Dillon wrote:
  > > On Friday 05 October 2001 01:34 pm, you wrote:
  > > > Version Result
  > > > ------- ------
  > > > 0.12    Wouldn't compile
  > > > 0.13    Compiled, but didn't work
  > > > 0.14    Works pretty good, so far... =)
  > >
  > > [...]
  > >

  > > > highlighted red... ;)  Um, there was more that I was gonna say,
  > > > but X has crashed twice on me now since I started composing this
  > > > message, so I'm just gonna send it...
  > >
  > >   Sounds like an interesting definition of 'works'....:p
  >
  > I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe it needs a darwin award.
  > =)

  Well, given that XFree86 locked up on me, oh, about 5 times on Friday,
  by comparison Evolution is doing pretty good, especially when you
  consider XFree86 is at version 4.1.0 and Evolution is still in beta
  before a 1.0 release... ;)  As a note, when you have an unstable XFree86,
  life is really freakin' miserable... =(

  --
  Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu

Have you tried replacing hardware to try to isolate the problem or
is it a known bug with something?  I could at least offer a Matrox
G200 AGP card and a network card if you're interested in swapping
those for testing.