CAT5 cables

SuperNate I am! natem@tir.com
Tue, 9 Oct 101 12:06:54 -0400 (EDT)

> The ends are ~$10 for a big bag.  THe cable we found at Lowes cheaper
> than Home Depot.  .09/ft regular and .14/ft plenum.  I'm not sure I saw
> the crimpers there, tho.

of couse, the little bag of them at shadio rack is $2.5 or so, but it's
hard to find someone at the store who knows where to look.  the
crimpers at the lowe's are really really elite, but very expensive.
i just used my cruddy old pair and it was fine, just took a few seconds
longer per end.  of course, if you're doing a lot of them or if you
don't have very good success w/ cruddy crimpers, get the good ones.

the 1000' spool of non-teflon cat5 cable is aboot $70 at the lowe's.
--
nate