cygwin - rsync problem

Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:36:30 -0400

>I store a script written in Notepad in c:\cygwin\bin named rsync.sh:
>

>  #! /bin/sh
>
>  rsync -avz --exclude "*alpha*" --exclude "*arm*" --exclude "*hppa*"
--exclude"*hurd*" \
>  --exclude "*ia64*" --exclude "*m68k*" --exclude "*mips*" --exclude"
*powerpc*" \
>  --exclude "*s390*" --exclude "*sparc*" --exclude "*_sh*" --exclude"
*.diff.gz" \
>  --exclude "*.orig.tar.gz"
aurolinux.mit.edu::debian/pool/main/r/usr/bin/debian/pool/main/

>When I execute the script it runs, connects to rsync server and creates
all
>subdirectories from 'r' directory tree but it never creates any files.
Why?

I'm not sure.  It works OK for me, though I used `vim` to copy your script,
which might make the difference..?  I've noticed, anyway, that if I use
notepad.exe to open a script I wrote with vim or emacs in a Cygwin shell or
rxvt that those editors only use \n and notepad uses \n\r.  I don't know
why that would affect your situation, and I'm not convinced that it is, but
that's the only difference I can see between the way you did it and the way
I did it.  I'm running 1.3.3/latest.

PaulM