Open source or free search engines

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:25:08 -0400

Anyone have any experience with any of the open source or free
search engines, i.e. ht://dig, swish/swish-e/swish++, harvest and
glimpse, isearch, or mnogo/udm search?  This would be from an
administrative standpoint.  Just curious how easy they are to setup,
how easy to customize the results, interfaces to PHP etc., relevance
of results, and whatever else you can think of, and I'm interested
to see if anyone has any success or horror stories about various
products before I spend way too much time trying to get each of them
to work... ;)

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org