stupidity

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
16 Oct 2001 23:48:48 -0700

Okay, so my tape drive arrived in the mail from home yesterday.
I set it up on the computer and scheduled a full backup for 2 am.
This morning, there was a verification error.  "Damn", I thought,
"something broke in shipping."  Then tonight I set up a job to
try again for tonight just in case something different happened.
As I was swapping tapes I noticed that something looked funny.
I look again.

The write-protect tab is set.  I set it so I wouldn't
accidentally overwrite it.

*sigh*  I am so stupid sometimes.  So I added a new check to
/usr/local/bin/make-backup to give a better error message the
next time.