Microsoft Bastards

Tim Schmidt computer_holic@hotmail.com
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:50:21

>   Err, you can change Konqueror's browser identification string to look
>like
>whatever you like :) Change it to something Windows/Explorer like and you
>should be fine. Use Settings... -> Configure Konqueror -> User Agent, then
>add a new identity for msn.com, hotmail or whatever.

This is a --bad-- way of doing things...  First of all, things should just
work.  Second, it still serves MS by making it look like they have one more
copy of IE on the net than they do.  This helps to re-enforce their
monopolistic stature and powers.  By forcing us to pretend to be Windows/IE,
they are removing our banner we should be flying proudly!

--tim