making ISO images

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:58:10 -0400

Quoted from Sean on Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 10:36:59AM -0400:
> tar with  -M, --multi-volume
>               create/list/extract multi-volume archive
> ??
>
> I don't know if that will work or not though but it sounds better then the
> L option...

=P  Problem is not everything is in one directory, and I have more
than one CD worth of stuff at any rate.  What I really want is to
select directories and/or files to include, have it add up the
sizes as I go, then say "make me an ISO image with all these files.
call it '/tmp/ed-data-1.iso'.  *crunch crunch crunch*"  Ideally this
would be done via one of the commander-style programs (midnight
commander, windows commander, etc.)

Basically I don't want to sit there all day with some command-line
program adding stuff one directory at a time.

Maybe I just need to work on creating my own filemanager that has
all the features I want...  support for CVS/CVSup/RCS, support for
building ISO images (or actually generating a list of files to process
via arbitrary external command would probably be enough for that),
easy access to switch between hide/unhide hidden files (dotfiles),
virtual filesystems (nothing new there, except the VFS's that I
might want to add, like certain filetypes [email boxes, maybe XML files,
etc.]), um who knows what else... =P

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Michigan State University