[OT: MD5 Sums]

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
13 Sep 2001 15:04:58 EDT

Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com wrote:
> Is there an equivalent to `md5sum` for WinNT that anyone is aware of?  I
> would like to take text output files and automatically generate MD5
> checksums for them, but I'd like to create them before moving them off
> of the (currently WinNT) system where they're generated.  Searches of
> Google and Tucows have yielded nothing.

md5sum is part of the GNU "textutils" package, and as such, there should be a
functional equivalent in the Cygwin toolset.  Even if there isn't one in
there, the source should compile under VC++ or DJGPP.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."