making ISO images

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:37:52 -0400

Quoted from Edward Glowacki on Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 11:29:03AM -0400:
> > What dont you like about gcombust?  I like it and was going to suggest
> > it since you can add dirs/files (even by dragging and dropping if you
> > want) and click a button to total it, with a selection for cd size. The
> > total goofs up when you add too much but I *think* it highlights stuff
> > it suggests to remove to make it fit.  I usually add a few hundred megs
> > then go step by step till its near full.
>
> Basically selecting files is a PITA, I really don't like the way
> it works.  I went back to look at it more closely and try to remember
> why I didn't like it, and realized that I wasn't able to just make
> an ISO image.  In poking around, I eventually figured it out, making
> it my first successful attempt to build an ISO from parts of my
> home dir.  It's not very obvious...  Basically the interface needs
> a lot of work.

Found a real hangup here... ~/data/ is in one ISO which I already
made.  Now I want to create another ISO with ~/[everything else].
Unfortunately, the file selector doesn't show hidden files, so to
get them (I assume) you have to include ~/ then exclude ~/data/.
Except that doesn't appear to work, because the exclude patterns
don't appear to do anything.  =P  Oh well, I'll see if I can weasel
it all into a script to do everything for me... =)

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Michigan State University