httpd problem

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:53:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

my problems just won't end these days...

A real weird one. I got a domain. I use free dns from zoneedit.com. The box is
on dhcp cable modem. I updated the zone to the latest IP. The update has gotten
through all nameservers. Apache is running. The odd thing is any person outside
my netwokr can get to it.

I can get to it from my server and from machines inside my network via the
internal IP. The box is also a firewall (but the problem also occurs when
protection is turned off).

I cannot reach the web server via its domain name from inside my network. Any
other surfing using DNSystem is fine. Now this is ok as I could just use the
internal IP to access it but I got virtual hosts set up as well and that
basically should make this more complicated or impossible to set up.

I just wonder why my network can't access it. The access and error logs don't
show anything. I know they work because they have few
[Sat Sep 22 09:23:09 2001] [error] [client 144.132.40.143] File does not exist:
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/scripts/..%5c../winnt/system32/cmd.exe

in it. =)

PS: BTW I did get on reiserfs list and worked further on my mkreiserfs /dev/hdb
problem. I spend some time writing zeros to drives and etc. Eventually I
figured out that the 8 gig seagate and 45 gig wdc drive didn't like being on
same controller. Once I moved my drive into:

/dev/hda seagate
/dev/hdc wdc1
/dev/hdd wdc2

I could mkreiserfs /dev/hd(c,d) just fine.

mk