Simple pre-processing text

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
28 Sep 2001 19:29:02 -0700

Mark Szidik <szidikm@mlcnet.org> writes:

> Hi Ben,  I noticed a new Email adress for you.  How are things
> going for you way out there in CA?

Things are going great.  It looks like I forgot to send a copy of
my hello message from a few days ago to the GLLUG.  Here all of
you guys go, then.  Let's try to keep in touch; feel free to call
or email.
Hello everyone!  I'm sending this out to practically everyone I
know well, and even a few who I don't or with whom I've lost
contact, to let you all know what I've been up to lately.  Don't
worry, I won't be sending out mass emails on a regular basis, so
you can safely ignore this if you don't want to hear from me ;-(

As I guess most of you know, I'm now at Stanford University in
Palo Alto, Calif., studying for my Ph.D. in computer science.  I
flew in last Thursday (Sept. 20) and I've spent the time in
between getting settled.  It's nice out here.  The weather's
stayed consistently warm, but not too hot, during the day, and
cooled off a little at night.  There was a bit of rain on Monday,
but I'm told it doesn't normally rain during September.

I have some photos of my apartment and the Stanford campus up on
my webpage now, at
	http://www.msu.edu/~pfaffben/pictures/
There are some from this year's (and last year's) Michigan
Renaissance Festival up, too, in case you haven't seen them yet.

If you want to send me email, I have a new address,
blp@cs.stanford.edu.  My MSU account will continue to work for a
long time though, so there's no rush to switch.  My new postal
address is
	Ben Pfaff
	796 Escondido Rd Apt 14C
	Stanford CA 94305

I have an office in the *cough* Gates Info Sciences Building
already, and a key that'll get me into the building and the
elevators and my office and the shower in the men's restroom (!).
I've even been issued a laptop by the department.  If for some
reason you want to send me something there, my address there is
	Ben Pfaff
	Gates 2B Room 270
	353 Serra Mall
	Stanford University
	Stanford, CA 94305-9025

I bought a cell phone this afternoon.  My number is 650 468-8367.
Feel free to give me a call so I can use up some of the 6 hours
or so of calls that I get per month in my package deal.  (I don't
have a land line at all.)

It should be a pretty easy quarter out here.  Classes officially
started today, but I don't have to take any.  During the first
quarter for Ph.D. students the goal is to find an advisor, so I
basically have to attend a week-long seminar where I find out
what each of the department's professors are working on.  Based
on that and other resources, I have to figure out who I want to
work with.  Not too stressful, really.  I'm sure it'll get worse.

--
<blp@cs.stanford.edu> <pfaffben@msu.edu> <pfaffben@debian.org> <blp@gnu.org>
Stanford PhD Student - MSU Alumnus - Debian Maintainer - GNU Developer