[GLLUG] Converting Oracle DB to Linux

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:13:11 -0500

These folks will be more than able to answer your question.  Hope that
helps!

PaulM

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Roman [mailto:a2north@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 2:05 PM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: [GLLUG] Converting Oracle DB to Linux

I am writing a presentation for a class I have at LCC. I chose the topic
below due to my interest in learning more about Linux.  Can anyone point
me to some good online resources where I can get more information??
Thanks
Dean
12. What will it take to move our database on to Linux?
The CEO of your company has a 19-year-old child in college. This child
has been extolling the virtues of Linux (it is free, fast, and works on
less powerful computers). Your CEO sees a chance to save money and use
those 486 computers that are just sitting in storage. You have been
asked to give a presentation on what it would take to move your
company's database to Linux.
Your company has 65 employees. The company is currently using an Oracle
database that contains approximately 150 tables and takes about 15
gigabytes of disk space. The company is running a WindowsNT network.
There are 10 members of the board of directors. They are all business
people who understand that computers are necessary, but they are always
looking for ways to cut costs. They expect that you will use a computer
to do your presentation, but they find sounds distracting.

Do You Yahoo!?