[GLLUG] error when booting Mandrake 8.2

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:06:14 -0400

Could be a few things, perhaps an automount error.  If you could post
the output of `ls -l /dev/dvd` and `cat /etc/fstab` to the mailing list,
I'm sure one of us can tell you for sure where the problem is.  Good
luck!

PaulM

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua S. Chulski [mailto:jchulski@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 1:45 PM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: [GLLUG] error when booting Mandrake 8.2

Hello all in Linux land.

I got the dual boot problem working, thanks for all of your help.
However, I have another thing to bring to you all.
When starting Mandrake 8.2, there is a message that says,
  cannot locate block device /dev/dvd (no such file or directory exists)

then Mandrake continues to load and I get a login prompt as I should.
What does the above message mean, and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Joshua