[GLLUG] vi selective search/replace

Cory Spitz spitzcor@cray.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:52:35 -0500

Well,

If you want to do yes/no anyway, you can go to the old fashioned
method.

To start, do a search for your target, say '/foo'. Then do a cw
command to replace the text with what you want, say 'cwbar' Then do a
'n' command to find the next matching string. If you want to replace
it use the repeat command '.' to do the cw again. If you don't want to
replace just 'n' again to find the next matching string.

Old school.

-Cory