[GLLUG] Meeting

Brad Fears fearsb@michigan.gov
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:10:24 -0400

It does provide clarity, thanks.  It seems the only problem with the shotgun rules is the matter of taking responsibility for declaring a date.  Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing how many people could attend a certain date if one is chosen.

Being the geek that I am, I'm going to go out on a limb and propose a new method...

Let's just imagine a polling script (php) that allowed the webmaster to enter a couple of proposed meeting dates.  After those dates are posted, users have the opportunity to vote on the date that best fits their schedule.  When a certain number of votes are reached for a given date (say 10-15), that date is declared for the meeting.  Anybody support or denounce the idea?

--Brad Fears

>>> "Paul Donahue" <donahu16@pdonahue.com> 04/16/02 11:47AM >>>
Ok...

as per the shotgun rules:

MEETING April 24 2002 at AAI (Rodger's place) 6PM

- I will be giving a presentation on VPN with FreeSWAN

- Someone should bring soda and cookies if they feel like it. preferrably not Ed as he has done his share. This should be called in the manner of shotgun. Whoever volunteers first does it.

- I will try to plan my presentation to stay within 1 hour or so.

- We will also be doing the traditional introduction roundtable

- Rodger, I will need a projector for the presentation and will be bringing my laptop. I will also run off some copies, but if the attendance exceeds 15 it would be wonderful to have access to a copy machine as well. (also if possible rodger an internet connection would be wonderful. if it's not possible please let me know so that I may bring the proper packages with me)

hope this provides clairity: :)

Paul Donahue
Computer Scientist
Computer/Network Technician
Michigan State University
http://www.pdonahue.com/
ICQ: 1624723   Phone: 517-204-6047

>>> <websterr@atmosphereannealing.com> 04/16/02 09:58AM >>>
If Paul has his presentation ready, my office will be free this week. If not
we should plan for next week. I do think that he said 2 weeks out would work
for him. We can meet at my office on either date. (As for me, I think that
we should firm things up for next week. I have had hardware trouble eating
up much of my time in Ohio as of late.)