[GLLUG] Solaris & MySQL w/ ColdFusion

Brad Fears fearsb@michigan.gov
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:54:13 -0400

I am able to connect to MySQL using both host addresses (external ip,
localhost), although I'll admit that I'm confused about which one
ColdFusion actually uses.  Some say localhost, others say not.  I've
even tried connecting to a remote db server, with the same result --
works in everything but ColdFusion.

--Brad Fears

>>> Sean <picasso@madflower.com> 04/17/02 03:47PM >>>
Actually not off-topic.

Did you make sure you could connect via the outside net address instead
of
localhost in both your firewall and your mysql permissions tables?

My guess would be that coldfusion is using your real IP address instead
of
localhost for connections. (assuming they are on the same server.) Just
guess and probably a bad one at that.

Sean

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Brad Fears wrote:

> Anybody have any experience getting this combination to work?  I've
been struggling for several days trying to set everything up, but it
seems that after building every package by source, ColdFusion still
fails to verify MySQL datasources.  I started with ColdFusion 4.5.1,
SP2, then downloaded the trial of CF 5 just to test.

> I can connect to the MySQL using isql, and everything seems to
function properly.  The only hangup is making ColdFusion talk to MySQL.
Allaire claims it can be done using MyODBC, which is what I'm using, but
without success.