[GLLUG] More mod_ssl

Charles Williams willcha@sme.org
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:15:17 -0400

You can make a self-signed certificate but then people know you're secure
because you say so.
You can buy the certificate from Verisign (we do) and then mostly everyone
comes to your site and recognizes you're secure.
You can get a cheaper certificate (free) from whoever (thawte a couple years
ago?) and people coming to the site recognize it's secure because "thawte"
says so.
I recommend the Verisign. It's relatively painless (or painful depending
your viewpoint).

chuck
willcha@sme.org