[GLLUG] cross-plat

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:29:08 -0500

On Thursday 18 April 2002 14:31, Charles Williams wrote:
> wondering if people can't pull up our web site www.sme.org (or parts
> of it) thru a browser in a Linux or Mac computer?
> if true, any guesses what the issues are?

Let me rephrase that:  "Can people running a browser on Linux or MacOS
(X or pre-X?) access www.sme.org and see reasonably normal stuff?  If
they don't, what could be the problem?"

The main page works fine on Mozilla 0.97 running under Linux, barring
the broken images (or was that because I hit "stop" immediately after
it became clear stuff was loading properly?)  The large number of
tables may cause problems for the 4 or 5 people out there still running
Netscape 4.7x.  I can't check with Netscape 4.7x, I don't have it on
any of my machines.

The URL in the main URL window appears weird, though, I entered
"http://www.sme.org/" and after pressing Return, it changed to
http://www.sme.org/cgi-bin/getsmepage.pl?/new-sme.html&&&SME&

...which looks a little malformed, unless there are supposed to be null
fields in the CGI there.

--
   Yesterday upon the stair I met a man who wasn't there.
   He wasn't there again today -- I think he's from the CIA.