[GLLUG] New Type of PC/Handheld/laptop

Brian Hoort hoortbri@msu.edu
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:19:13 -0400

A company has announced a new style of computer that blends full PCs,
laptops, and palm computers. I have been wanting something like this for a
few years now. It's good to see someone actually putting one into
production, they say by the end of this year. In short, it's basically a
Palm computer that is powerful enough to be your full-time PC. It can dock
to a full-size keyboard/monitor/mouse, or plug into a laptop base, or just
be used in your hand like a palm. It will ship with Windows XP, though I
read an interview over at linuxdevices.com that stated that it's just a x86
PC and they expect the Linux community will have it running Linux in short
order.

Quick Specs:
1Ghz Transmeta processor
10 GB HDD
256 RAM
Firewire, USB, Bluetooth, 10/100, wireless networking
4.1" x  2.9" x  0.9" ; less than 9 oz.
8 hours battery time

http://oqo.com/