[GLLUG] Ameritech complaint

Mark Szidik/mlc SzidikM@mlcnet.org
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:06:40 -0400

Dear ACD support,

On Saturday 7/27/2002 two Ameritech technicians were at my house to work on
a problem with my ACD DSL line.  I talked with them for several minutes.
Very early in the conversation they told me that I am a little over 18,000
feet from the CO and mentioned that this is near the limits of DSL
technology.  Then Tim Frederick, Manager Network Services, Phone:
517.334.3809 (he gave me his card) asked me "Have you tried Ameritech
DSL?".  I can't say exactly where he was going with this question because I
answered no and  immediately told him of my very low opinion of Ameritech.
I told him of my disastrous attempt to get DSL from Ameritech in early
2001.

Was Tim Frederick trying to "market" Ameritech DSL to me?  I can't really
say because I made it very clear to him that I want as little as possible
to do with such a rotten company.  But if I had been more open to his
question I don't doubt that he would have given me more info on Ameritech's
product.  In addition, the mere question itself clearly implys that the
problems I was having with ACD's DSL would not have happened if I had been
using Ameritech's service.

Tim was quite surprised that I was so frank about my rotten Ameritech
experiences.  He even offered to have his boss call me to discuss the
problems that I have had.  He said his boss would call on Monday orTuesday
(7/29/2002 or 7/30/2002) I gave him both my home phone number and work
number. I have received no call to date.  I offer this as more proof that
that Ameritech is an miserable company that despises its customers.

I am willing to testify that my statements on Tim Fredereck's actions
described above are true.

Thanks,
~~~
Mark Szidik