[GLLUG] Recent spam

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:23:44 -0400

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 14:42, after a long battle with technology,
Dpk wrote:
> such that only subscribers can post to the list.  This should prevent
> many of the illegitate emails from reaching the list, while avoiding
> a list moderator (something I would like to prevent).
>
> Thoughts?

Yes, do it!  I *thought* that was how this mailing list was set up
anyway... I don't think I've ever posted to a mailing list that didn't
require subscription/registration first.  I thought this recent
Spam-flood was because a legitimate subscriber's machine had been
compromised by some sort of mail worm--guess not.

--
   "Which you then convert to gold, non-perishable food, firearms, good
   liquor & a secluded hideaway in the last of the internet official