[GLLUG] Recent spam

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:44:54 -0400

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:28:19PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:

   Matt Graham <danceswithcrows@usa.net> writes:

   > Yes, do it!  I *thought* that was how this mailing list was set up
   > anyway... I don't think I've ever posted to a mailing list that didn't
   > require subscription/registration first.

   Well, for what it's worth, there are lots that don't, and some of
   them for good reason.  Lists like bug-gnu-utils and linux-kernel
   are open for posting so that anyone can submit their bug reports to
   them; otherwise a lot of useful information would get dumped by
   bounces.  But I don't see any corresponding reason why linux-user
   needs to be open.

I was thinking that may be the only argument, but since I agree it is
not valid here.  Since I see only positive response, I have enabled
this feature.

Dennis