[GLLUG] cluster chat

Stuart C tuxedobird@bust.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:44:25 -0800 (PST)

--- Sean <picasso@madflower.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Stuart C wrote:
>

>> Well I am reading up about beowulf, because thats what i plan on using.
>> I just wasn't sure on how to block access except for from one ip.
>
>Allow the first then deny everything else?
>
>> Another thing i now need to decide on is weather or not I want to have
>> local disks or if i want to have a remote system with the OS for
>> diskless nodes. any comments?
>
>This depends totally on how you are using it, How your apps interact and
>what you have to work with, which then begins to point to the best
>management solution while still allowing maximum performance.

ill probably end up going with local installs, so if anyone knows where i can get 4-6 relatively small ide drives (2-4gb) it'd be greatly appreciated heheh.  basically what i want to do though is have a 'gateway' system to get into the cluster, you must have an account on that, or else the cluster wont even talk to you.  this should keep people from just stumbling across it and even knowing its there, kinda putting it behind an extra ring of security.  am i going about this the right way in my head?

BUST Magazine: For
Women with Something to Get Off Their Chests
Subscribe at http://www.bust.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag