[GLLUG] good to be back

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:03:20 -0500 (EST)

What Paul said will work fine, but I would probably take that one step
further and do
 Outside LAN -> firewall gateway (two nics) -> switch -> Head Node ->
slave nodes

or something similar just to keep DoS attacks off your cluster (which
maybe in the form of windows chatter..

I think i would start at

http://pacont.ncsa.uiuc.edu:8900/public/HPC/

I tried to log in and got an auth error but I made it in (I was already
registered though so im not sure).. it is a pretty good intro course to
HPC. I have a hard copy of it somewhere if you cant get in..

There is some really sweet networking stuff that you can do with linux.

you might also want to check out
http://www.beowulf-underground.org/

and there is a really cool thing that was put together by the university
of kentucky by hank dietz. He has this site which has some pretty good
information on it too.

http://aggregate.org/