[GLLUG] hardware problems....anyone seen this?

C. Ulrich dincht@securenym.net
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:50:42 -0700

FWIW I have a dodgy laptop that, for whatever reason, loses all BIOS settings
(but not time) whenever Linux restarts the machine. Everything is fine if it's
simply halted. No problems under Windows, even. It started doing this with the
2.4 kernel series. Problem doesn't seem to be linked to APM either, if I
recall. Your problem sounds a bit different, but maybe see if there's any
difference on your machine between halting and rebooting.

--Charles Ulrich

--
http://bityard.net