[GLLUG] Possible job opportunities...

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:47:38 -0500

On Monday 25 February 2002 13:05, Jo Dillon wrote:
> On Monday 25 February 2002 10:46 am, Matt Graham wrote:
> > The company I work for, Group InfoTech of E.Lansing, is looking for
> > some new employees.
[snippage]
>   Hmm, you didn't go into much detail about what sort of skills they
> want or what they do ;)

Oops.  (sigh)

Responsibilities will include whitebox testing of a number of
applications running on Windows and MacOS 9, in both VC++ and
CodeWarrior 6 environments, as well as writing up both end-user
documentation and more technical documentation for future programmers.
C++ skills are essential.  Familiarity with MFC is a big plus, as is
technical writing skill.  Ability to get into sketchily documented code
and fix bugs/clean up cruft would be nice, but not totally essential.

Group InfoTech creates software for the document conversion and
prepress industries (hence the MacOS connection.)  Here, "document
conversion" = taking scanned images and either turning them into PDFs
or OCRing them, fixing all the OCR mistakes, and exporting them into a
variety of formats (RTF, HTML, a couple of XML formats.)  "Prepress" =
taking customer-supplied images and text and using Quark+Photoshop+a
big honking database to get the page layout and colors right, then
running them off on high-quality printers to make sure everything will
work out exactly right when the document is sent to a real print shop.

Again, if this sounds interesting, send a resumé to Mark Lowenthal,
mark@groupinfo.com .

--
   One of the most overlooked advantages to computers is... If they do
   foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little.