writing to tapes

Jason D. Justman justmanj@msu.edu
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 08:45:09 -0500

Yes, that would work fine under normal conditions which dump was designed
for (ext2).  The only problem is the filesystem I am trying to back up  is
(right now) a smb share on another machine mounted locally.  tar cf
/dev/st0 /home/raid works just fine, but will result in me wasting about 6
gigs a day, when only about 5 meg changes (if that).

jason