[GLLUG] next meeting

Felicia Berryman felicia@lon-capa.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:30:59 -0500

Hello,

I would like to present on LON-CAPA at one of the meetings.  I have demo
course set up that people could play around with.  I'd be willing to
pass out demo logins to those who can't make the meeting. LON-CAPA has
the potential to be the major open-source competitor to software such as
Blackboard and WebCT.  Blackboard was recently purchased by Microsoft.

I still need to learn from the developers where to direct potential new
people to get cvs checkouts, etc.  Most of my experience is with user
support verses programming support.  Unfortunately, I'm busy until 7PM
most evenings.  Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30 PM or after (preferrable
7PM) work best.  If the meeting is on Tuesday, there is a good chance
that the lead developer could attend.

Check out lon-capa at www.loncapa.org.

Felicia

--