[GLLUG] Meeting Night (B-BALL Game, Bad Weather, Poor Notification...)

Paul Donahue donahu16@donahue.tcimet.net
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:15:06 -0500

Thanks Roger for taking charge! :)  Sometimes we just need someone to step up and say "listen commoners, this is the say it is!"

So going through my list email I got a good idea. Someone (not necessarily me) should setup a quick little polling system where people on the list can vote for what day(s) and times they would like to see the meetings. Once we get a vote from most of the list we could more less etch it in stone that the meeting is at this time at one of these places. I attend monthly meetings down in A^2 and the solidity of the schedule makes it easy for me to go and plan around/with it. As for the voting I was thinking perhaps a little PHP site running on Linux and apache just for geek points since it is the LINUX USERS group. Or if no one has the time perhaps a quick and dirty email account setup where people can simply send mails to with their votes in the subject for quick processing.

As always, there's the eloquent nice way, and the quick and dirty way.

Thoughts/Volunteers?

Paul Donahue
Computer Scientist
Computer/Network Technician
Michigan State University
http://www.pdonahue.com/
ICQ: 1624723   Phone: 517-204-6047

>>> Roger Webster <Websterr@atmosphereannealing.com> 01/30/02 09:06AM >>>
After all the discussion about this subject, I think that it would be best
to find a better meeting night.
The reasons are the game this evening, the winter storm, and the fact that I
should have been announcing things a few days sooner.
If we can agree on an evening next week, I will make sure that my building
is available.
If everyone could post a preferred and a backup night by Friday evening, we
can make a decision based on the night that most people are available.

Please let me know what you think,
Roger