[GLLUG] good email service?

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
04 Jul 2002 21:55:25 -0700

My dad is starting to get tired of all the spam that arrives,
seemingly from nowhere, in his yahoo.com mailbox.  He's thinking
about moving to a new email provider.  He's willing to pay for
the privilege, but doesn't want it to be too much.

So, I've been looking into registrars that also offer email
service, starting from ICANN's list of accredited registrars and
clicking on the ones I've heard of.  So far I've come up with the
following:

        * enom.com: $26/yr, POP3 only

        * register.com: $65/yr, POP3 + webmail

        * domaindirect.com: $40/yr, POP3 + webmail

        * catalog.com: $35/yr, POP3 (+ webmail?)

Anyone have comments on these, or recommendations?  Information
on good services that offer email without a customized domain is
also interesting.

--
"Ho ho ho. I _so_ enjoy making a fool out of myself."
--Linus, on Christmas Day, 2000