[GLLUG] usb dsl modem

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 15:48:41 -0400

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 15:25, after a long battle with technology,
Jeff Lawton wrote:
> Does anyone have an alcatel speedtouch usb cable modem. I have a
> friend  I am setting up a router for and would like to test it before
> I ship it to Georgia.

Hrm.  The documentation for setting the bloody things up is at
http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/docs.php , with the kernel modules (if
you need to upgrade them, that shouldn't be necessary if you're using a
recent distro.)  By most accounts, setup is pretty easy, at least the
number of questions on c.o.l.hardware regarding these things is nowhere
near the volume it was about 6 months ago.

--
   Life is a persistent hallucination, Death a mere illusion.
             Taxes, however, are Objective Reality.