[GLLUG] shell script question

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:03:52 -0400

Thanks to all who helped with my question on shell scripting :-).

If anyone is interested, this has resulted in a set of scripts that
dynamically mount per user SMB shares (NT/2000/Samba) at logon (and
unmounts at logoff). This all came about because my supervisor wanted to
present LTSP as an alternative to Citrix in one of our computer labs but
one thing that had to be done was to have the users home space on the
building server available when they logged in to the ltsp workstation
(with no extra effort).

I can't comment on how pretty the scripts are... it's my first effort so
it probably lacks prettiness... but they do work.

Also, I don't have anything except Redhat and Mandrake boxes so I have
no idea whether they would work right on Debian, Slack, BSD etc. etc.  I
can tell you that they depend upon gdm though, so...

If anyone can use them you're welcome to them...

http://scnc.lsd.k12.mi.us/~mrambo/gdm-mount.html

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us