[GLLUG] Mac OSX

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@msu.edu
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:10:29 -0400

I dunno if its discussed at meetings because I haven't been to one in a good
year and a half (troll).  However every now and then Sean or I will talk
about it since I believe we both use it as our primary OS.

The command line is pretty much FreeBSD (do a "man natd", the instructions
actually give FreeBSD version numbers).  Check out utilities like Fink
(fink.sourceforge.net) and FinkCommander (look it up on versiontracker.com)
for simple ways to get X windows and a whole buttload of free *nix software
up and running.

I'm sure I could be talked into giving a little OS X preso if people
actually gave two poops at a meeting.  I love OS X.

-Mike