[GLLUG] Plug'n'Play Modem

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:37:40 -0400 (EDT)

Go get minicom it is on rpmfind.net or kermit
(http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/)  It should help you troubleshoot
it. It sounds like you arent getting the link to the correct serial
device. I am guessing you have two onboard serial outputs and then the 3rd
one is the modemblaster. (or you may have them disabled in bios.) then you
at least know what device you are working with since I would _assume_
linux and windows might map the pnp stuff to different devices or irqs.

Once you find that, i think you have to link the device to /dev/modem
which is also another place you might want to check and make sure that
link is to the correct device.

Other than that someone else will ahve to help =) I havent set up a modem
under linux in 3-4 years =)