[GLLUG] Slashdot Meetup

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:45:48 -0400

On Friday 26 July 2002 12:21, after a long battle with technology, Sean
wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2002, Brad Fears wrote:
>> Perhaps we could tie this to a GLLUG meeting.
>> http://slashdot.meetup.com/
>> Aug. 22, 2002 at 7pm.  Location is to be voted on shortly.

> That might be a good idea. Im not sure our advertising campaign is
> doing really well. Like I think a lot more people in the area use
> Linux but don't know we exist.

...or they just don't come to the meetings.  Spouses/kids, wanting to
spend time away from the CRT, and not being able to get out on a
Wednesday night all have prevented list participants from being at the
meetings.  Maybe the /. Meetup thing will work--I signed up, anyway.
Here's hoping the Meetup won't be held in a parking lot somewhere (as
several of the ones in other cities were due to miscommunications).

--
   "The last time somebody said, 'I find I can write much better with a
   word processor.', I replied, 'They used to say the same thing about