[GLLUG] my resume

business@servicesbywilliams.com business@servicesbywilliams.com
Sun, 02 Jun 2002 16:48:17 GMT

My house is now up for sale and we're moving to Ingham County. So I'm job
hunting for direct employment within 45 miles or so of Lansing. My resume
follows. I'm most interested in programming Perl, CGI, Postgres, MySQL in
Linux but right now I'm in Perl/Oracle in Unix and my employer is moving to
Java/JSP and Oracle. Still Sun Unix. It should be stated that I learn
languages and environments continually and eagerly!

Oh and I changed my e-mail account on the list too. I discontinued
willcha@sme.org but people can still e-mail me there if they want.

This is my cover letter and below my resume starts. This process might last
a while, I don't know, so please keep me in mind. Thanks.

As a web programmer with www.sme.org, I work closely with

* content developers and managers
* project leaders
* graphic designers
* web production technicians

to produce dynamic web sites that contribute to the growth of my employer,
the Society of Manufacturing Engineers.

Other computer functions I've performed over the years include
installations, maintainenance, help, document, test, support, graphics,
copy-writing, project management, scripting, train, troubleshoot,
specifications, purchase, research, presentations, publishing-production,
proofreading and work flow supervision. I worked in computer pre-press
production for the printing industry earlier in life. Computer typesetting
too.

I've also worked in the operating systems DOS, Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux,
OS/2, MVS as well as applications ranging from database to IDE to
spreadsheet to desktop publishing.  Will be learning JDeveloper 9i, and XML
next.

Living in Ingham County, Michigan starting summer, 2002.

Regards,
Chuck Williams

RESUME
Chuck Williams
2040 Sunnyknoll,
Berkley, MI 48072-1789
248-398-4303
E-mail: chuckwilliams1@netscape.net

1998-present - Society of Manufacturing Engineers
 Web Programmer
 Dearborn, MI

Programming and producing www.sme.org and it's affiliated web sites in
Perl/CGI, HTML, CSS, Oracle/SQL and JSP/Java with command line and
windows-based tools.  Create and maintain applications, forms, e-commerce,
dynamic pages, cookies, scripts, secure http, modules and system settings.
Interview, plan, write, propose and execute project management activites.

Also provide second-level support for staff and customer end-users with
technical focus and decisive communications.  A 25-year background in
production with components like  electronic workflow, cross-platform, fonts,
on-the-fly copy editing, images/graphic editing, all contribute to making
these activities second-nature.

1995-1998 - Northwest Group
 Livonia, MI
 Web Programmer

Publishing material for clients primarily in manufacturing industries with
web sites, programming and production.  Employer's work ranged from
marketing, publishing and advertising to fulfillment.

Cross-platform systems technical support and production including high
resolution 3600 dpi printer,  9600 dpi scanner, graphic workstations, lan
and servers.  Using HTTP, TCP/IP, CGI, HTML, FTP, telnet etc. to create,
produce and maintain employer and client web sites.  Also archive CD's,
troubleshoot software, specify/purchase/install hardware/software.

1991-1995 - Computer Support Consultant
 (MIS Int.), Compuware Corp., Farmington Hills, MI
 Sub-contracted to Ford Motor Company in Detroit and Dearborn, MI

Utilized client/server, FTP, command-line, IP, e-mail. Position provided
installation and end- user support for software and hardware on multiple
operating systems and network platforms. Prepared periodic system reports,
studied existing system to prepare migration path.

Education

1998 - Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI
Bachelor Science in Business Administration. Courses in systems, management
and accounting.

1991 - Henry Ford Community College, Dearborn, MI
Computer Information Systems Associate Degree.  Structured programming in
Cobol, RPG, Assembler, operating systems, system administration and system
analysis.

Training

Oracle RDBMS at Henry Ford Community College, 2001.
 - Objects, Integrated Development Environment, forms, SQL.

Perl Conference at McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 2001.

Unix/Linux at Henry Ford Community College, 2000.
 - Administration, shell programming, fundamentals.

Westlake Internet Training, Southfield, MI, 2000.
 - Programming, applications, modules, web server, testing, database
integration.