[GLLUG] Proftpd

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:12:34 -0400

That part of your config looks good to me.  Is there another
AllowOverwrite directive somewhere else in your proftpd.conf?  Maybe in
the <Directory /*> section?

Another thing that occurs to me is that when using proftpd with
'DefaultRoot ~' (or wherever) that the proftpd user, typically an
unprivileged user, has to have read & execute access to the directory in
question and all of its parent directories as well (this can often be a
problem if /home is chmod 711).  This typically manifests as a login
failure or 421 error, though, so that's probably not your problem.

Good luck!

PaulM

-----Original Message-----
From: sreiner@fnba.com [mailto:sreiner@fnba.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 9:38 AM
To: GLLUG Post
Subject: [GLLUG] Proftpd

Anyone have experience with proftpd?  I'm having a little trouble with
it.  Initially, I was able upload files.  Now, however, after login the
approved user is unable to overwrite, delete or stor files.  I have
established directory
level permissions for the user.

<Directory thisOne>
   <Limit All>
      AllowUser gllug
      DenyAll
   </Limit>
   AllowOverwrite on
</Directory>

I have a global umask of 022.  I've checked file permissions...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Suzanne