[GLLUG] PCMCIA-CS error

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
11 Jun 2002 11:49:35 -0700

"Melson, Paul" <PMelson@sequoianet.com> writes:

> My output is specific to that model RealPort card, but the /var/run/stab
> file isn't.  It's supposed to be created by cardmgr (the -s switch
> designates its location/name).  It contains information regarding the PC
> cards in each of your machine's PC slots.

Ah, I see.  We must be using different distributions or different
revisions - here on Debian 3.0 (prerelease) it's in
/var/lib/pcmcia/stab; e.g.,

    blp@pfaff:~(0)$ cat /var/lib/pcmcia/stab
    Socket 0: Adaptec APA-1460 SlimSCSI
    Socket 1: Intersil PRISM2 11 Mbps Wireless Adapter
    1       network orinoco_cs      0       eth2
    Socket 2: empty
    Socket 3: empty
    blp@pfaff:~(0)$

(I have four PCMCIA sockets since my docking station has two
extra.)
--
blp@cs.stanford.edu - blp@gnu.org - pfaffben@debian.org - blp@acm.org