[GLLUG] Linux Distrobutions Question

Jeff Lawton jeff@idealso.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:50:24 -0700

IpCop is a very powerful Linux based router distro with minimum requirements
of a 386  8M ram and 100mb hard drive. There is lots of info at there
website, ipcop.org.

Jeff.lawton

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu [mailto:linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu]On
Behalf Of Nu Hertz
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 3:32 PM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: [GLLUG] Linux Distrobutions Question

I have just acquired a few PCs with the intel architecture.
I have a 386 with 16 MB of ram and a small hard drive.  I'd
like to use this computer as a router.  What distrobution of
Linux would be best suited to do this?  Also, when I go ahead
and install this OS, what is the best way to do that, seeing
as the computer will NOT boot from CD?  Thanks in advance for
any advice.

Jeff K.
College Student at Large
nuhertz@yahoo.com

=====
"Geek used to be a four-letter word; now it's a six-figure one."

Nuhertz@Yahoo.com
1-800-MY-YAHOO #5176699363