[GLLUG] [OT]MS SQL Server

Hu hu@capitalconsultants.us
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:55:27 -0400

Do you mean other than using the administration software that comes with it
?

If you didn't already know - on the MSSQL x.x version installation CD there
is a local client install with a visual administration interface.  It shows
you databases, tables, system tables etc. It also allows you to connect to
any MSSQL server by registering it, or it will scan your local IP for
servers on your same network.

Dare I say it,"its a Windows interface"

Hope this helps ?

-Hu

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Szumlinski [mailto:szumlins@msu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 9:46 AM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: [GLLUG] [OT]MS SQL Server

Anyone know how to get remote access to a MS SQL Server?  MySQL is
beautiful because you can just telnet/ssh into the machine and run the
program.  Is there a similar way to access MS SQL? Is there an X app out
there that might do it?  Our server at work is MS SQL but we want to
move from asp to php, and I need to be able to poke around remotely on
the thing to know what the heck tables are called and what not.

-Mike