[GLLUG] first try using wget

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:38:28 -0400

On Thursday 27 June 2002 16:01, after a long battle with technology,
Brian Hoort wrote:
> I just tried to use wget for the first time [...] Looking at the man
> page, I find -r for recursion. So
> next I tried: $ wget -r http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/
> and it downloaded what I wanted, and started getting everything on
> their whole site, www.oreilly.com as well as
> international.oreilly.com.
>
> Before I do that again, what do I do to limit it to a certain folder?

The -np option (don't ascend to the parent directory) looks like what
you want.  It's the last option you see when you execute "wget -help".

--
   You have me mixed up with more creative ways of being stupid.
   --MegaHAL, trained on random gibberish