[GLLUG] Thanks and a little more help...

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:08:12 -0500

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 07:54:25AM -0500, Michael Harrington wrote:

   Thanks to all who responded to my previous post....I have another
   question though....I'm trying to install Debian on an old Micron
   Pentium 200mhz box I have lying around.  I seem to get the install
   right except when It asks me where my mouse resides.  It defaults
   to /dev/mouse but this doesn't seem to be right.  when I try to
   bring up X it gives me a fatal server error and says it can't find
   my mouse...

Assuming you have a PS2 mouse, as root:

cd /dev
ln -s psaux mouse