[GLLUG] Ports ports ports

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:05:30 -0500

On Monday 11 March 2002 15:48, you wrote:
> sockstat in FreeBSD, fuser in Linux as I recall
>

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 03:46:15PM -0500, Mike Szumlinski wrote:
>
>   I'm sure its something simple with netstat, but does anyone know
> how to find out what tcp/udp ports an application is using?

"netstat -pl | grep $PROCESS_NAME" works for me.  I thought fuser was
for getting info about open files, not sockets/TCP/UDP ports.
(Everything is a file, yes, but network connections are not always like
that....)

--
   "A bird in the Senate and the GNU project long before Microsoft was a
   nasty slavering sound, and Russia was destroyed by the fact that