[GLLUG] Re: out of curiosity

Heloisa hdinsmore@bol.com.br
14 Mar 2002 14:06:53 -0500

Jo Dillon wrote:

>   Out of curiosity, what exactly are you planning on doing? It takes a brave
> person to move /into/ the tech field given the state of the economy :)
>
> --
>
> 	Jo

Jo,

   I am Brazilian and have a Law degree. The Law system here is totally
different and I'd have to basically learn everything over again plus I
didn't really like law. I chose the tech field because I had to pick
something :) I know it's tough. But hopefully I'll be alright - someday.
   So far I got the Oracle8i-DBA certification. Now I'm just "playing"
with Linux and Oracle at home until I feel ready to start looking for an
entry-level job. I didn't start yet because I know I need some
experience, but nobody will hire me *because* of my lack of experience,
so it's a vicious circle and the only thing I can think of is to stay
home learning...  That's my story :)

Heloisa