[GLLUG] Re: out of curiosity

Jo Dillon jo@trolltech.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:17:35 +0000

On Thursday 14 March 2002 19:06, Heloisa wrote:
>    So far I got the Oracle8i-DBA certification. Now I'm just "playing"
> with Linux and Oracle at home until I feel ready to start looking for an
> entry-level job. I didn't start yet because I know I need some
> experience, but nobody will hire me *because* of my lack of experience,
> so it's a vicious circle and the only thing I can think of is to stay
> home learning...  That's my story :)

  I know, that kind of thing's a problem :/ One thing you might want to do
when you get to know Linux better is to get involved in a free software
project of some sort (PostgreSQL or MySQL might be things to look at I
suppose) - that gives you experience that at least some companies will look
at for your resume. Good luck, anyway :)

--

	Jo