[GLLUG] apcups

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:08:32 -0500

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 03:55:45PM -0500, Jeff Lawton wrote:

  I am setting up a APC backups 650 on a freebsd box. It does not seem to be
  communicating. Is there a different device I should be using other than
  cuaa0?

  Jeff Lawton

What program are you using?  What com port is it attached to?  Does it work
hooked up to anything else?  Are you using the apc approved cable specific
to that model 650?  Try ttyd0 also, I think ttyd* are for incoming and
cuaa* for outgoing.  Of course, check the documentation for the program
for suggested devices so you know which type of device to use.